Travelling by air in the Philippines is not easy. Today I arrived on a plane from Caticlan to connect to my flight to Bangkok. Once I picked up my luggage, checking through to my destination was of cause not possible, I had problems finding my luggage tags. Since I never had been asked for those tags before it took me a while to locate them but I managed. My next adventure was to find out which airport to go to. Yes you heard right here in Manila there are not three different terminals but three different airports. Getting in a taxi for about 15 minutes I arrived on the correct airport trying to check-in. Once I stripped almost naked to clear security, which I can understand, I tried to locate my check-in counter. I was told I had arrived to early to check in and that I had to wait for three hours before check-in opens. I thought I go a bit shopping or might have a coffee while checking my emails. But no you are in Manila and there is not even a bench to sit down. No coffee shop, no post office, I had to send some documents too, no restaurant, basically no nothing. So I sit on my luggage trolley waiting for the time to pass and I filled in a suggestions card from the airport authorities. My suggestions was: Build a new airport.Thursday, October 11, 2007
Manila Airport
Travelling by air in the Philippines is not easy. Today I arrived on a plane from Caticlan to connect to my flight to Bangkok. Once I picked up my luggage, checking through to my destination was of cause not possible, I had problems finding my luggage tags. Since I never had been asked for those tags before it took me a while to locate them but I managed. My next adventure was to find out which airport to go to. Yes you heard right here in Manila there are not three different terminals but three different airports. Getting in a taxi for about 15 minutes I arrived on the correct airport trying to check-in. Once I stripped almost naked to clear security, which I can understand, I tried to locate my check-in counter. I was told I had arrived to early to check in and that I had to wait for three hours before check-in opens. I thought I go a bit shopping or might have a coffee while checking my emails. But no you are in Manila and there is not even a bench to sit down. No coffee shop, no post office, I had to send some documents too, no restaurant, basically no nothing. So I sit on my luggage trolley waiting for the time to pass and I filled in a suggestions card from the airport authorities. My suggestions was: Build a new airport.
Labels:
Philippines
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Which airport was that?? I'd been to 2 airports only when I was in Manila.Better visit Davao International Airport!!!you can do all those things while waiting for check-in/flight schedules... (^_^) You've got to visit my city
Post a Comment