After living in Thailand for almost three years and returning on my business trips on a monthly base it was actually a shame I had never made it to Northern Thailand and to Chiang Mai. So with a bit time off over the Christmas and New Years period I decided to take the chance and travel to Chiang Mai and Laos. Chiang Mai is a great place, a nice city with lots of culture and the surrounding hills are just beautiful. The climate is more moderate than Southern Thailand and the evenings can be quite cool. Definitely worth the trip. I especially liked to drive up the hill to visit the 1383 built Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep. The New Years party was great and it was actually nice to start the new year without the typical routine. From here I went on to visit the Longneck people in the North and then I went to Laos.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Chiang Mai
After living in Thailand for almost three years and returning on my business trips on a monthly base it was actually a shame I had never made it to Northern Thailand and to Chiang Mai. So with a bit time off over the Christmas and New Years period I decided to take the chance and travel to Chiang Mai and Laos. Chiang Mai is a great place, a nice city with lots of culture and the surrounding hills are just beautiful. The climate is more moderate than Southern Thailand and the evenings can be quite cool. Definitely worth the trip. I especially liked to drive up the hill to visit the 1383 built Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep. The New Years party was great and it was actually nice to start the new year without the typical routine. From here I went on to visit the Longneck people in the North and then I went to Laos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment